Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Musical Interlude: Flirtin' With Disaster



I’m travelin’ down the road,
I’m flirtin’ with disaster.
I’ve got the pedal to the floor,
My life is running faster.
I’m out of money, I’m out of hope,
It looks like self destruction.
Well how much more can we take,
With all of this corruption.

Been flirtin’ with disaster,
Y’all know what I mean.
And the way we run our lives,
It makes no sense to me.
I don’t know about yourself or,
What you want to be - yeah.
When we gamble with our time,
We choose our destiny.


Chorus:
I’m travelin’ down that lonesome road.
Feel like I’m dragging a heavy load.
Yeah! I’ve tried to turn my head away,
Feels about the same most every day.
Speeding down the fast lane,
Playin’ from town to town.
The boys and I have been burnin’ it up,
Can’t seem to slow it down.
I’ve got the pedal to the floor,
Our lives are runnin’ faster,
Got our sights set straight ahead,
But ain’t sure what we’re after.

Flirtin’ with disaster,
Y’all know what I mean.
You know the way we run our lives,
It makes no sense to me.
I don’t know about yourself or,
What you plan to be - yea!!
When we gamble with our time,
We choose our destiny.


Chorus:
Yeah!! we’re travelin’ down that lonesome road.
Feel like I’m dragging a heavy load.
Don’t try to turn my head away,
I’m flirtin’ with disaster every day.
Flirtin’ with disaster, baby,
Y’all know what I mean.
You know the way we run our lives,
It makes no sense to me.
I don’t know about yourself or,
What you plan to be - yea!!
When we gamble with our time,
We choose our destiny.


Chorus:
Yeah!! we’re travelin’ down that lonesome road.
Feel like I’m dragging a heavy load.
Don’t try to turn my head away,
I’m flirtin’ with disaster every day.


-- Molly Hatchet


Sacrifice and struggle only out of one's own freewill. Ain't nobody tellin' ye anythin'. Don't expect nuthin' 'coz nobody owe you anythin'. Don't load it on nobody. There ain't nobody to blame.

Gone thru' a similar road with a certain type before. Uh uh... not gonna go thru' it again, ever! No more a hostage of threats! No more emotional blackmail! No more dragged in by responsibility on others! No more! No more! No more of those bullshit again!

I'm now a free soul, guided by own conscience and reasons, and answerable only to my God. I've earned this humble but valuable privacy of space, freedom to move, and independence to think and decide. It's too precious and nobody gonna deny me of it.

Am movin' on. Ain't waitin' for nobody. Ain't nobody gonna hold me back.

In this life, we made our choice and consequently, it unfolds a chosen path. It could be the common crowded road or the less traveled one.

We took our own risk and seek our own indulgence. Flirtin' with disaster. If we've inflicted pain and problems on ourselves, we gotta help ourself to resolve it. Nobody gonna do it for us. We've got to be responsible to ourselves. Remember we can't have it all if we have none.

Everyone is strugglin' with their own. There is so much we can lay it on others. Others can't be givin' when they ain't have much to share. And, many have heard and given more than they could.

Steady ourselves and strive thru' it. Take in stride without prejudice on others and possibly laugh at it. The humour relaxes our uptight nerves to provide sustainance and stamina.

We are movin' on to destruction ... and I don't wanna no distractions.

(revised January 23rd, 2008 9:00 a.m.)

2 comments:

chong y l said...

Hi brudder: goode ruminationpace--can Desi use this for tomolo, no royalty to bollow, i gift thee tehtari" and PRomelo!:) __ Desi

A Voice said...

He he he desi ... most well & cum.

My Say