Monday, September 19, 2011
Haris Ibrahim: A law unto himself?
Dr MIM posting on a fake news from the hacked pages of the Bangla Deshi Prime Minister Minister's website caught our attention. [Read here]. The quick respond of the opposition raised the suspicion that they had a hand in hacking the Bangla Deshi PM's website.
This observation was highlighted further by The Mole here. They ended their story by asking: Harris Ibrahim - Where is the proof?
Having read all the materials, it is difficult to comprehend how The Mole could have used comments made by Haris Ibrahim regarding the issue of Bangladeshis to vote in Malaysia when all he did was make accusations without a shred of evidence.
In fact, Haris contradicts himself from the word go.
First he claims to have a reliable source to back his claims that foreign workers in Malaysia had been given MyKad and registered as voters, to vote in Penang.
In the very next breath, Haris said: “We are investigating this matter and trying to get the verification from certain quarters about this.”
So which is which.
Is Haris saying that he had already made the accusations when he is still investigating the matter and trying to verify it?
So far no proof and in the next sentence he accused Umno’s involvement and when asked on what premise, Haris retorted by saying “Do you know of any non-Umno Home Minister?”
It is actually surprising that Umno and the Home Minister had not sued Haris for such slur. Then again, the Umno Home Minister is only known to issue warnings without any gumption to walk the talk.
To make the issue more interesting, Haris had put up a posting on the issue based on a Malaysian Insider’s report about Bangladeshis being given citizenship to allow them to vote in the next general election. The citizenship is on the condition that they vote the present Government.
Now that it had been exposed that Malaysian Insider had been irresponsible and reported on a website that had been hacked without attempting to verify it.
The Malaysian Insider had proven itself to be unreliable in the past and overzealous in undermining Umno and BN.
Now it has been exposed to write a story without verifying the source and contents.
Is Haris and Malaysian Insider a case of birds of a feather?
- ► 2018 (77)
- ► 2017 (160)
- ► 2016 (184)
- ► 2015 (214)
- ► 2014 (164)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (202)
- Facing up to the truth
- Haris Ibrahim: A law unto himself?
- Perkasa's position on the abolishment of ISA
- Big Dog and Cuit-Cuit seen at PAS's Hasan Ali raya...
- Neither Politicians nor Judges should decide on pr...
- Ready or not, Malaysian must rise to this newfound...
- Ramlah Adam's homerun Mat Sabu's pitch
- When a bureau chief resist intimidation
- Not just defending a PM
- Does photo op with Najib a dereliction of duty tha...
- Kalimullah's friend, Leslie Lopez keen on GO
- MAS workers union threaten strike
- The calling
- Mat Sabu taking PAS down a slippery slope
- GO or no GO, Zarinah and SC under scrutiny
- Sime-E&O: CIMB second "collaboration", ECM Libra i...
- SDarby purchase in E&O: Strange buy and controvers...
- Batu Pahat will never forget Bintang Tiga
- ▼ September (18)
- ► 2010 (187)
- ► 2009 (285)
- ► 2008 (343)
- ► 2007 (140)