The jump of State Assemblymen Dato Nasaruddin Hashim from UMNO to PKR is a matter of concern. More so, when three other State Assemblymen from the same state made veiled threat to do so also.
UMNO Perak is faced with a crisis. Last heard, Tajul Rosli has offered his resignation.
But we have yet to hear any statement from Pak Lah. In fact, we have yet to hear his comments on few major recent issues - the outcome of the Kuala Terengganu by-election, Kugan's death that could be a renewed Hindraf uprising, and Tengku Rithauddin's strange recomendation yesterday to abolish the various UMNO wings.
Tonight there will an UMNO MKT meeting. We shall await UMNO's official reaction, and immediate action on the development in Perak.
Since politics is not as straight forward as whats written in the press and cliche statements in official blogs and portals, be it from the BN or PR side, I like to highlight the views of Bigdog, rumour from the propaganda machine, KPMU, RMF7, and Tengku Razaleigh.
It is not so much to pursue the truth or real story, but understanding the in-denial syndrome pervading UMNO of today.
Blogger Bigdog was reliably informed that Nasaruddin was promised by Anwar the Perak MB to replace Nizar.
With Nizar strongly seen to have lost the confidence of the Istana, Anwar is eyeing the MB post for PKR. PKR missed their chance because the Malay PKR Assemblymen lack the "academically qualification". Thus, Anwar had no other choice than to go to the "transfer market".
In the meanwhile, UMNO's propaganda machine have gone on it's typical character assasination mode. Nasaruddin was identified as an "Anwar's man" inside UMNO. It is claimed he has financial problem meeting up to the demanding second wife after relinquishing his position as Felcra Chairman.
Their reaction to call upon Nasaruddin to relinquish his State Assemblymen seat and recontest the post under the PKR flag is childish and ill informed. At this juncture, such reaction is out dated. UMNO should be looking at this development with a more serious and mature disposition.
Another character assisination theory making it's round is Nasaruddin reacted as a sore loser. His attempt to unseat the incumbent Datuk Mohd Zaim Abu Hassan for Ketua Bahagian of Parit failed.
He is thus labelled in UMNO's political lingo by portal KPMU, Khairy's cyber political propaganda machine as "kecewa". This is a typical cliche term used by UMNO in countering critical views from within the party. Being labelled as "kecewa" in UMNO is bad. Any opinions and views could be easily dismissed. It seem as though losers have no right to any opinion and views and thus their views and opinions should not be heard. But such lingo does not apply not to the more important voters.
Interestingly, the portal claimed things are fine in UMNO Perak. An indication of a repeating trend of self in-denial.
The story goes that as Naib Ketua Bahagian, he shouldn't be attempting to such. By that feudalistically suppressed logic, it justifies to say padan muka for not getting the allocation for his constituency. Federal allocation for constituency is managed by the Ketua Bahagian.
Nasaruddin should kow-tow or akur. It is said Tajol Rosli had a hand in the fight and exerted his influence in favour of Zaim. This is the untold reason for his offer to resign as Ketua Perhubungan Negeri. Nasaruddin departure could likely be to "teach" UMNO Perak a lesson.
From the information revealed by blogger RMF7, there could be some truth. By comparing Nasaruddin's and Zaim's performance in the recent 2008 GE, Nasaruddin showed a comparatively marked improvement in number of majority in such challenging condition.
As usually the situation in UMNO, what the voters want is not necessarily what UMNO members want. Just like in Kuala Terengganu by-election, there seemed to be "other" considerations to take into account.
Tengku Razaleigh, who has recently got the blogging "kick", saw the departure should be viewed with sincerity and honesty on the part of UMNO. He described UMNO predicament in a rising water situation with the level already waist high since March last year.
Ku Li acknowledged knowing the man and described him as a friend. He viewed Nasaruddin as "an honest and capable man with deep roots in Umno".
Reiterating his call for the party to face to its problems by acccepting reality, he highlighted Nasaruddin's reasons of "the direction of the public’s support since the 12th General Election in March 2008″ and “the condition (of) UMNO and its leadership.”
For UMNO sake, they better hope Nasaruddin keep to his UMNO root and is merely teaching UMNO a lesson. At least, there is a glimmer of hope for the Malay cause.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
- ► 2012 (202)
- ► 2011 (163)
- ► 2010 (187)
- UMNO's Denial Syndrome of Bota Assemblymen's Frogl...
- There's a 'Baby Boom' change and UMNO have yet to ...
- Hari ini Gerhana Matahari, Minggu depan Gerhana Po...
- For more than 5 years, Abdullah abandon the two Ma...
- Ku Li started blogging, and questioned Valuecap an...
- Abdullah berpakat dengan Pembangkang untuk kekal?
- Kekalahan KT: Ku Li tegur UMNO yang "balik-balik l...
- Sebab kekalahan di KT: Calun, calun, dan calun
- The ghost of Scomi past coming to haunt Abdullah
- Ku Li repeat call on leadership to face up to glob...
- Is Lame Duck concerned over Muhyiddin's delay of U...
- Palestinian Awareness Day and Launching "Save the ...
- LCCT: Is OTK trying to tell something?
- Potpouri on Corporate PR and Plan of Sime Darby; I...
- Jangan pandang ringan boikot barangan AS: Mukhriz
- Beli produk AS, Yahudi umpama sumbang dana Israel
- After the herding, the final kill; No more coward ...
- Mukhriz call for political ceasefire and unite for...
- Dr M at Boycott US Product Rally at National Mosqu...
- Behind Israeli Attrocity on Gaza
- Serang Balik Israel, Boikot Produk Amerika-Zionist...
- Labu LCCT: Another Magic Pumpkin?
- IJN: Till The Fat Lady Sing ...
- IJN Probe (Part 3)
- Newsbreak: MOF oppose, EPU insist with IJN privati...
- IJN Probe Interruption: EPU meet IJN and Sime Darb...
- Denial and Clarification from Dr Mohamed Ezani Md ...
- IJN Probe (Part 2)
- IJN Probe (Part 1)
- 1 Pagi 1 Januari ... Tuanku Mukhriz, Tahun Baru da...
- ▼ January (30)
- ► 2008 (343)
- ► 2007 (140)