Sunday, May 22, 2011
Poetic interlude: We are as the flute
We are as the flute, and the music in us is from thee;
we are as the mountain and the echo in us is from thee.
We are as pieces of chess engaged in victory and defeat:
our victory and defeat is from thee,
O thou whose qualities are comely!
Who are we, O Thou soul of our souls,
that we should remain in being beside thee?
We and our existences are really non-existence;
thou art the absolute Being which manifests the perishable.
We all are lions, but lions on a banner:
because of the wind they are rushing
onward from moment to moment.
Their onward rush is visible,
and the wind is unseen:
may that which is unseen not fail from us!
Our wind whereby we are moved and our being are of thy gift;
our whole existence is from thy bringing into being.
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- ► 2023 (43)
- ► 2022 (91)
- ► 2021 (97)
- ► 2020 (70)
- ► 2019 (205)
- ► 2018 (109)
- ► 2017 (160)
- ► 2016 (184)
- ► 2015 (214)
- ► 2014 (164)
- ► 2013 (199)
- ► 2012 (202)
- More from where it came from
- Back to basics in award of scholarships
- Buku Jingga: The Malaysian Economic Hitman manifesto
- Wikileak: Did Eskay botch again?
- Wiki Weak Leak Lick
- Poetic interlude: We are as the flute
- More DAP's attempts to mislead and divert
- Wikileak: Pak Lah tried to implicate Najib in Alta...
- Wesak wishes: Pray for the Spirit of Rachel Corrie
- Again they shot Rachel Corrie
- My aim is true
- DAP can't shed suspicion of dragging church into p...
- "Political" Father Lawrence refuse the plot!
- Priests have no business in politics
- Where everybody miss the plot
- New faces but not necessarily young
- Singapore Election Results: Is the warlords in UMN...
- Unofficial result claim George Yeo lost Aljunied GRC
- Is PAP so desperate that they need to cheat?
- Singapore Election 2011: Something light, somethin...
- What change installed for Singapore tomorrow?
- Politicking and partisan divide counter productive...
- ▼ May (22)
- ► 2010 (187)
- ► 2009 (285)
- ► 2008 (343)
- ► 2007 (140)