Wednesday, March 30, 2016

MUSICAL INTERLUDE: Beast of Burden


I'll never be your beast of burden
My back is broad but it's a hurting
All I want is for you to make love to me
I'll never be your beast of burden
I've walked for miles my feet are hurting
All I want is for you to make love to me
Am I hard enough
Am I rough enough
Am I rich enough
I'm not too blind to see
I'll never be your beast of burden
So let's go home and draw the curtains
Music on the radio
Come on baby make sweet love to me
Am I hard enough
Am I rough enough
Am I rich enough

I'm not too blind to see
Oh little sister
Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, girl
You're a pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty girl
Pretty, pretty
Such a pretty, pretty, pretty girl
Come on baby please, please, please
I'll tell ya
You can put me out
On the street
Put me out
With no shoes on my feet
But, put me out, put me out
Put me out of misery
Yeah, all your sickness
I can suck it up
Throw it all at me
I can shrug it off
There's one thing baby
That I don't understand
You keep on telling me
I ain't your kind of man
Ain't I rough enough, ooh baby
Ain't I tough enough
Ain't I rich enough, in love enough
Ooh! Ooh! Please
I'll never be your beast of burden
I'll never be your beast of burden
Never, never, never, never, never, never, never be
I'll never be your beast of burden
I've walked for miles and my feet are hurting
All I want is you to make love to me
I don't need beast of burden
I need no fussing
I need no nursing
Never, never, never, never, never, never, never be
Rolling Stones

A bit malas to blog lately.

It is partly due to a new routine that takes up half the day away. It is a new healthier lifestyle. Early to sleep and early to rise. Our priority now is the personal target set.

So somewhat lazy to meet up people too often as it takes away productive hours.

Being Asians, hospitality is equated with food. Respecting the hospitality could end up choosing menu heavy with carbohydrates and sugar, fat-laden fried stuff and limited nutritional fresh fruits and vegetable item. It only disrupt and upset our new regime.

Too often it means sacrificing hours chatting away aimlessly. Frankly there is nothing really exciting to talk about lately. Economy is still in the doldrum though market beginning to look exciting. Maybe a leading indicator of good things.

Politics getting to be a predictable bore and looking increasingly stupid. As always, allow us to be blunt here. Too much wayang and auta. Too many self interest in play. And too many clowns and idiots playing ridiculous game. It is no more power seeking opposition but even statesmen are openly lying. [Note the plurality.]

There is serious lack and depth in discussion on policy or governance or nation building in the public sphere. Discourse dominated by same old political power play bullshit but guised as simplistic human rights, civil liberty, liberalism, and what not cliches.

Nothing intellectually relevant to discuss and write about, be it pro or con.

On top of that, there are tons of things to do but have been delayed to await the right undisrupted time. Need to get our focus on clearing up backlogs. 

Maybe it could be done out of town away from distraction. It is in the pipeline anyway. Really looking forward for the planned long getaway. So do not be surprise when blog not updating over a long time.

Mike Jagger's "beast of burden" about being free from the burden for his pursuit. Our case may not be girls but the burden of changing to a new routine and lifestyle.

Something feels good about the new routine. It made us feel more alert, energetic and spiritual albeit with some pain of adjustment.

The feeling now is winning or losing, or anything temporal is no more relevant. It is what is inside and up there that matters. The conscience will be the ways of the prophet for siddeq, amanah, tabligh and fatanah. And, ultimately about getting Allah's blessing and acceptance is everything.

Nothing else really matter. That is worthy and moral to claim as it does not matter.

To be spiritually and principally right in one's struggle, be righteous, responsible and factual. No lying, twisting and spinning. Siddeq, amanah, tabligh and fatanah means righteousness, trustworthiness, propagating good and wisdom.


Updated: 9:30 PM

No comments:

My Say