Thursday, April 28, 2016
This is one "sedap" laksa breakfast
They serve laksa for breakfast in Sarawak, Laksa Sarawak that is. It is not unusual for noodle to be served for breakfast. But for laksa, this is the first time.
In Johor, mee rebus is served for breakfast with few sticks of sate in Johor. Interestingly, it is noticed mee jawa is served for breakfast with few sticks of satay in Sarawak.
There are javanese in Sarawak but not sure there are Johorean javanese. Nevertheless, there are substantial number of Sarawakians, including Iban working in Pasir Gudang, Johor Baru.
What better place to go for Laksa Sarawak in Kuching than to Mom's Laksa. The establishment owned by a Haji Tahir is rated by local as the best laksa in town and it is supposedly very popular.
A local brought us to the shop in Satok, Kuching. Mom's have three branches and the first branch is at Kampong Kitak.
No wonder the locals loved it. There is a distinct mildness in the gravy. Sufficiently spiced but none of the distinct dried udang kering one are used to. Maybe there is more fresh prawn. That is something Laksa Sarawak served in Semenanjung could not afford to sell.
Just guessing, do not really know the recipe.
If mee rebus or laksa Johor has curry-like spice in the paste to make gravy, the intelligent guess is laksa Sarawak would use local ingredients like the Sarawak reknown black pepper in the gravy.
We requested half the usual portion of noodle and replaced by more vegetable, taugeh that is.
And, complimented with teh O kosong and suppliments. Trying to stay true to the weight loss program and salvage some fitness for this aging body. Tough to do on the road and roughing it out.
Anyway, here is a tip. In Sarawak, do not make the mistake of ordering ais kosong. They'll just serve ice without water. Air sejuk would do.
- ► 2020 (57)
- ► 2019 (205)
- ► 2018 (109)
- ► 2017 (160)
- Will it be in KL ...
- This is one "sedap" laksa breakfast
- Sunset at Kuching's riverside
- Will Sarawak Chinese care about 1MDB or CM?
- Miri on my mind
- MACC: Don't burn the mosquito net
- IPIC pullout: Get popcorn, but no need "bomba" yet
- Tony Pua "prematurely ejaculated" on Aabar BVI
- Relief for Guan Eng, but how about for Tony Pua?
- To debate or not to debate, MACC?
- More important for Zakar and Zikir Naik
- Supposed it is Wahid Omar instead ...
- Guess whose back to KL?
- Didn't we say Tun M is wrong and go after Shahrol?
- For those insistent Najib tried to stop investigation
- Nazir is unfit to assume positions in CIMB, Khazan...
- Little Najib gets to meet Big Najib
- Many asses got burnt
- ▼ April (18)
- ► 2015 (214)
- ► 2014 (164)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (202)
- ► 2011 (163)
- ► 2010 (187)
- ► 2009 (285)
- ► 2008 (343)
- ► 2007 (140)