Penang Deputy Chief Minister 1, Mohammad Fairus Khairuddin has just announced his resignation from his post and his Penanti State Assembly seat.
This resignation is rather strange and expose inconsistency in Parti Keadilan Rakyat's practises.
This will be the 6th by-election since the March 8th, 2008 General Election.
First was Permatang Pauh, then Kuala Terengganu and the recently concluded Bukit Selambau, Bukit Gantang and Batang Ai.
We already had too many unnecesssary by-elections and it is a waste of public fund. Furthermore, we have been fed with endless politics since March 8th, 2008 General Election. The people are tired and for all likelihood, the players are politically fatigue.
From the episode to select the state governments, to teh endless ruckus in Parliament. The manouvre to oust Pak Lah and subsequently the recently ended UMNO party election.
There was Anwar's return to active politics from April 14th, 2008 and his sandiwara to get MPs to jump over to Pakatan Rakyat. The only outcome from Anwar's attempt is the withdrawal of SUPP from Barisan Nasional (BN). But the two SUPP MPs did not join the Opposition but remain supporter of BN.
The public was fed with endless conspiracy stories such as the link of murder of Altantunya with Dato Seri Najib and his wife.
Untill further loss in the political system, it is high time that all the parties involved refocus on their roles in Government. We should be focusing effort and ideally both Barisan Nasional and Opposition, should play their respective role to address the economic challenges the country is facing.
As it is, business community is feeling the pinch of drastic drop in sales. People are complaining from the rising prices of utilities and goods that arise from Pak Lah's novice decision to hike price of oil by 78 sen last year.
Other than by-elections due to death - Kuala Terengganu, Batang Ai, and Bukit Gantang -, Permatang Pauh, Bukit Selambau, and now Penanti are due to resignations. And, all three involves Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR).
Permatang Pauh was intended as entry for Anwar Ibrahim back to Parliament and coincided with sodomy charges against him. For this, Wan Azizah had to vacate the seat.
Bukit Selambau vacancy arise because V Arumugam had personal issues with regard to his marriage life. PKR decided to drop him to save the embarassment of having it's state assemblyman tattered with a legal issue.
Strangely, how about Anwar? His trial date begin on July 1st. Shouldn't he resign?
This leads to the resignation of Fairuz. Police report was made by Keadilan Youth allegedly of bribery involving illegal quarry in Penang. His case is still yet to be brought to court, unlike Anwar who is waiting trial.
If Anwar can claim innocent until proven guilty and creating doubts with claims of Government conspiracy, Fairuz also denied any wrongdoings. He went to the extent of publicly demanding PKR clear his name and threaten to expose state government and party scandal.
Anwar has taken a long time to decide on the faith of Fairuz and is making Lim Guan Eng restless. Lim had demanded on Anwar to make a decision on the position of Deputy Chief Minister 1 position allocated to a Malay PKR.
He answered that he is looking for a Malay replacement. As it is, there are two other Malay ADUNs available. Why can't they be the replacement?
There is also a lone PAS state assemblymen. Since PAS is part of the unregistered Pakatan Rakyat pact, is he not suitable? Oh yes, he is not PKR.
In the first place, why should Anwar need to put a Malay there if he claim his party has trancended racial politics and embracing multiracialism?
What is wrong if Fairuz remain as a State Assemblyman without a post in Government?
PKR has to take responsibility by living by their choices and not replace their representatives at their whim and fancy or intentionally create by-elections to perpetuate this environment of endless politicking.
Enough wayang excuses of Fairuz needing to pursue his education. He can do that when his term end. His responsibility now is to fulfill his duty and educational pursuit abroad should not be a consideration.
Furthermore, Anwar and Fairuz has much to answer for Fairuz denial of entry to Singapore by the Johor Immigration.
The position of peoples' representative is a serious position and not to be made foolish by such irresponsible game.
- ► 2017 (140)
- ► 2016 (184)
- ► 2015 (214)
- ► 2014 (164)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (202)
- ► 2011 (163)
- ► 2010 (187)
- Common Sense and Common Courtesy: Ground Rule for ...
- Ngeh berbohong dan menghina mahkamah (kemaskini)
- 999 year land issue in Perak: Solution needed
- BN's mixed constituencies; Malaysian Malaysia's Ch...
- Discourse at the Ipoh Town Hall last night
- Reservation to Rashid's appointment as Press Secre...
- Hal Blogger bertemu Menteri, dan Blogger Raja Petr...
- Hafarizam Harun menjawab Hanipa Maidin; Forum awam...
- Nizar penderhaka ugut dan hasut untuk tumbangkan I...
- Komen Hanipa salah; Ngeh, Nga, Nizar dan Sivakumar...
- Sivakumar gila babi berbohong; Mengharap DUN dibub...
- Anwar's absence for Malaysia's first submarine arr...
- If Fairuz asked to resign, so should Anwar
- Adakah Sivakumar Gila Babi akan panggil Mesyuarat ...
- Muhyiddin's style of answering or bitterness for b...
- Letak MARA di bawah JPM
- Kalaulah ini Kabinet Dr Mahathir ...
- Anwar and RPK should help save Sirul and Azrilah
- Kabinet baru: Asal kriteria pilihan dan pertimbang...
- Malay vote shift at Bukit Gantang
- Bukit Gantang: Immediate thought
- New era, new media, olive branch offer
- Kempen TDM di Bukit Gantang
- Adakah "bulan mewakili hati ku" masih berdendang?
- A rising hope at Bukit Gantang
- Was Carcosa that finally made Abdullah final?
- Will Nizar needs Ngeh's permission to speak in Par...
- ▼ April (27)
- ► 2008 (343)
- ► 2007 (140)