Deputy Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin was reported by Utusan Malaysia saying MCA President, Datuk Ong Tee Keat did not dispute and describe his conclusion for BN's lost at Bukit Gantang as correct and clear.
Earlier several leaders of MCA, Gerakan and DAP claimed Muhyiddin statement in the Wawancara column of Sunday Mingguan Malaysia implied Chinese did not appreciate the contribution of Barisan Nasional and chose the Oppositions.
Having read the article, it was a case of taking simplified conclusion of a lengthy explanation or in other word, taking it out of context.
Lets cut through the bull. What is there to deny? The Chinese voters at Bukit Gantang rose from 65% to 75% and despite a 5% increase in Malay votes to BN, it was not sufficient to cancell out the increase in Chinese votes.
I can't see where Tan Sri said explicitly the Chinese did not appreciate BN? He was very lengthy in his analysis and thought provoking elaboration of the Bukit Gantang loss. Again, where did he said so?
Tan Sri is quite precise in his words. He has a habit of elaborating on the question posed and giving lengthy analysis. This could have subjected him to being spin and misquoted. Perhaps he should request more accuracy in the question. Or assume the questioner has some level of understanding on the subject matter and give a direct short answer.
But I am sure the press are familiar with his manner in answering questions. That shortcoming of Muhyiddin can be rectified. However, the manner the Chinese newspaper are working in sync to take him out of context is suspicious. Muhyiddin has a point for being puzzled with the Chienese voters reaction.
The Chinese newspaper should not be in-denial. I believe that Muhyiddin is diplomatically witholding a fact that the Chinese voters voted based on racial sentiment.
Over a dinner on weekend with a BN campaigner at Bukit Gantang, he described of being told point blank by few Chinese voters that they voted PAS simply because BN brought down "a Chinese Government." BN brought down or Pakatan Rakyat defect? Am I right to claim that Nizar is a DAP puppet?
I am pretty sure that the Chinese and Chinese newspaper are aware that the Chinese voters are swaying heavily in favour of PAS. Are they trying to say that it is otherwise or they made the same mistake as I did to change their view of Bukit Gantang? If it is neither, then the Chinese newspapers were working in-concert to instigate a racial sentiment against Muhyiddin.
Since it was not BN's prerogative that brought about the negative sentiment of changing "a Chinese Government" against it, can I be so curious as to why my friend, who harp and harp on Muhyiddin, posted about pointing a middle finger?
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
- ► 2017 (117)
- ► 2016 (184)
- ► 2015 (214)
- ► 2014 (164)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (202)
- ► 2011 (163)
- ► 2010 (187)
- Common Sense and Common Courtesy: Ground Rule for ...
- Ngeh berbohong dan menghina mahkamah (kemaskini)
- 999 year land issue in Perak: Solution needed
- BN's mixed constituencies; Malaysian Malaysia's Ch...
- Discourse at the Ipoh Town Hall last night
- Reservation to Rashid's appointment as Press Secre...
- Hal Blogger bertemu Menteri, dan Blogger Raja Petr...
- Hafarizam Harun menjawab Hanipa Maidin; Forum awam...
- Nizar penderhaka ugut dan hasut untuk tumbangkan I...
- Komen Hanipa salah; Ngeh, Nga, Nizar dan Sivakumar...
- Sivakumar gila babi berbohong; Mengharap DUN dibub...
- Anwar's absence for Malaysia's first submarine arr...
- If Fairuz asked to resign, so should Anwar
- Adakah Sivakumar Gila Babi akan panggil Mesyuarat ...
- Muhyiddin's style of answering or bitterness for b...
- Letak MARA di bawah JPM
- Kalaulah ini Kabinet Dr Mahathir ...
- Anwar and RPK should help save Sirul and Azrilah
- Kabinet baru: Asal kriteria pilihan dan pertimbang...
- Malay vote shift at Bukit Gantang
- Bukit Gantang: Immediate thought
- New era, new media, olive branch offer
- Kempen TDM di Bukit Gantang
- Adakah "bulan mewakili hati ku" masih berdendang?
- A rising hope at Bukit Gantang
- Was Carcosa that finally made Abdullah final?
- Will Nizar needs Ngeh's permission to speak in Par...
- ▼ April (27)
- ► 2008 (343)
- ► 2007 (140)