Wednesday, May 26, 2010
The Insidious Insider Spins.
By Imran Imtiaz Shah Yacob (via e-Mail)
This news portal is better known for its spin tactics and telling of half truths which is worst than a lie. Despite being amongst the first in churning out free stories, readers have to take in the news reports with a pinch of salt or hold back until the contents are verified by other news sources.
So much for professionalism, integrity and fair reporting. The only thing holding back The Malaysian Insider is themselves.
They have been caught red-handed on numerous occasions misrepresenting the facts, maliciously misquoting and casting stories on issues of politics, race and religion in a way that serves an insidious purpose. Read "The Insidious Insider" here on Malaysia Today.
Keeping impartiality is of course a foregone conclusion when even their executive editor takes sides in the political fray. Read "Leslie bends over backward for Khairy" on Malaysia Today here.
And recently, this online spin portal was back to its dirty tricks by substituting the words ‘Mengambil Kembali’ for ‘Rampas’ in their latest piece on Mukhriz Mahathir’s latest statement on the rumoured dissolution of Kedah state assembly.
This was following murmurs of severe discontent within the Pakatan Rakyat state government and indeed Mukhriz’s take on the fluid national political scenario. No other news source used the word ‘Rampas’.
The Insidious Insider headlined the piece dated May 16, 2010- “Mukhriz: BN akan rampas Kedah dengan bermaruah.” (Read Bernama here and here.)
In their desperation to spin precludes the fact that in the context of the headline and indeed the entire report, the word ‘Rampas’ and ‘Bermaruah’ is spitefully oxymoronic.
The piece I mean.
And perhaps the most telling sign of a spin doctored piece is the absence of credit to the reporter. When you know you’ve done something wrong, whose going to lend their name to it?
That’s ethical journalism for you.
- ► 2018 (92)
- ► 2017 (160)
- ► 2016 (184)
- ► 2015 (214)
- ► 2014 (164)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (202)
- ► 2011 (163)
- The Star and NSTP censor letter criticising Idris ...
- Israeli attack Gaza flotilla, 16 killed: Call for ...
- Howl and Cry at the NEM
- The Insidious Insider Spins.
- If you agree tainted politicians should not be Min...
- BUM 2010 Tomorrow: Hot and explosive!
- Without NEM, M'sia already 10th most competitive n...
- Istimewa untuk guru-guru sekolah pendalaman
- Recovering economy to overcome DAP's racial and re...
- Sibu by-election: Waiting to fall in place
- Quick take on need for stronger Ringgit
- Block L&M: Blast from the past
- Nazri and Wisma Putra only raised more questions t...
- Najib should not cover Pak Lah's treachery!
- Is Sheryll, MI and Kalimullah salvaging the Limban...
- ▼ May (15)
- ► 2009 (285)
- ► 2008 (343)
- ► 2007 (140)