That was the response Dr Mahathir gave when asked on Abdullah's superficial attempt to revive confidence in the judiciary.
He described it by saying, "He is making a political move, a very unpopular man trying to do something "right.""
The BBC Hardtalk interview with Dr Mahathir broadcast yesterday introduced him as "When he was Prime Minister his critics labelled him a racist and a dictator." That seem to be theme of attack throughout the interview.
He ended his interview socking the West where it really hurts - exploitative past, brutal represive present, and perpetual hipocrasy.
Dr Mahathir was asked on a wide range of issues from Abdullah Badawi, judiciary, NEP, trial of Anwar Ibrahim, VK Lingam tape, successor appointment and democrasy.
He seemed slightly disrupted in the early part of the show. Stephen Sackur was repeatedly firing rapid questioning in the midst of his answers to coerce him out of his usual stance.
But, Dr Mahathir held his position and even caught Sackur with wrong facts and unable to substantiate his allegations.
Read Biggum's report or Bernama's here. Interesting public comments on Rocky Bru's.
Till a You Tube version is available, the video of Dr Mahathir's interview is available from BBC website here.
This is one tough show to be on. Has Abdullah Badawi ever been on it?
As far as You Tube recording availability, there is one by Syed Hamid. To see how he fair, click the first part of his BBC Hardtalk here and it will lead to the rest of the interview.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
- ► 2018 (77)
- ► 2017 (160)
- ► 2016 (184)
- ► 2015 (214)
- ► 2014 (164)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (202)
- ► 2011 (163)
- ► 2010 (187)
- ► 2009 (285)
- Mustapha Ong, Why Only TDM Speaking On Gerakan Mig...
- Media Perdana Masih Kaki Putar
- Apa disebalik larangan EGM oleh Abdullah?
- EGM UMNO Cheras
- Mukhriz, Akhram Akan Bincang Senario Politik Masak...
- Salleh Abas: The Fact To The Matter
- EGM UMNO Batu Pahat
- Karpal's Contempt
- Will the Bar Council dinner burst a bubble?
- I'll Give a Ponder, When Them 4th Floor Boys Are F...
- Al Fatihah for Blogger Rustam A Sani
- BBC Hardtalk: "He is making use of the system in t...
- TDM Visiting Msian Students in Manchester on You-T...
- Pak Lah Bertembung Dengan Raja-Raja Melayu?
- If Salleh Abas Is Shah Hakim's Father In Law, Is T...
- Abdullah Olive Branch Offering To The Judiciary
- Pak Lah Diminta Berhenti Merepek Mengenai Islam Ha...
- Is Abdullah Defying Cabinet To Apologise?
- If Anwar is not "PM of Israel", What Then?
- Anyone Heard Param's Response To The Challenge?
- Perpaduan Melayu atau Kekalkan Perdana Menteri?
- Titah Perasmian Tengku Mahkota Kelantan
- Konspirasi Abdullah Menghancurkan UMNO?
- There's a New Comedian in Town ... It's Another Pa...
- Oh Babi Oh Babi ... PR Pakatan Rakyat atau DAP?
- Fikir-Fikirkan: Abdullah Perancang Pengharaman UMN...
- FIkir-Fikirkan: Melayu Alami Krisis Besar 2023?
- Apa Jawapan Korus "Mahathir Bashing" Terbaru?
- Najib: Dari Mana Hendak Ke Mana?
- Ku Li: UMNO Perlu Pembersihan
- Mesej Forum MyKMU: Undur, Berani dan Pemilihan
- Jika Percaya Perlunya Bunga, Jangan Berperilaku Ke...
- ▼ April (32)
- ► 2007 (140)