Thursday, October 02, 2008
One RPK is Enough, Not Another One
Sheih Kickdefella two postings that pun the movie title, "We Know What You Did Last Christmas" is quiet a revelation. But, it raised quite a concern.
One posting is on Abdullah and Nuri replacment which allegedly had son Kamaluddin as "agent" from Eurocopter that was given the contracts.
The other is a close resemblance to Raja Petra Kamaruddin (RPK) style of unfolding a story.
He claimed Najib sent letters to Ambassadors of few Europeans countries for Altantunya's safe entry. Malaysian diplomats witnessed Altantunya as part of the Malaysian entourage.
Another sensational revelation is Rosmah paid RM5 million for Bala to return to India.
Shieh claimed his information came from police during his stay in. Whether that is true or false, he must reveal his source.
Will he get them to help in court if he plan to replicate RPK's stunt? Mind you, two police officers, RPK claimed was at the scene of the Altantunya blow-up with Rosmah, is now sueing RPK.
Writers, inclusive journalist and bloggers, should stick to writing to bring change and not become news. Dumb move, blog-brother Shieh. Dumb.
Few years before the 12th General Election and the early years of Socio-Political Blogging, there exist a silent comradeship between bloggers, be it a somewhat formal grouping like All Blog or a loose understanding called Band of Bloggers or a group of friendly bloggers without a name.
There was an unstated understanding that transcend beyond partisan, ideological and activism affiliation to talk in unison concerning a certian issue. Malaysia Today (MT) then helped to promote these disparage views into a public discussion. That made blogs a powerful tool to push issues censored by the mainstream media into public knowledge.
Prior to the GE12, blogs and MT took a stand on issues and culminated into one of the biggest public demonstration, the BERSIH cum Yellow Wave demonstration. Subsequently, there was the Hindraf rally but the support was not as wide since its agenda was ethnic.
After the General Election, MT took a different direction in line with its new page makeup. The opposition oriented blogs generally changed along and took up the Pakatan Rakyat/PKR and Hindraf agenda. No more are issues on MT discussed with a wide ranging perspective, but with a clear propaganda agenda.
The agenda, that used to be about getting Abdullah, Khairy and the Tingkat 4, suddenly turned apologetic towards them. In place, it became Najib bashing and propelling Anwar to takeover Government through frogging MPs.
From Writer To News
With that as a background, RPK changed from a man churning news, stories and articles to one becoming part of the event.
Writers, poets, playwrights, and novelist play a role in igniting change in society and in the battle of ideas. But that batton has to be passed on to others to continue. It seemed now bloggers are no more churning personal opinion on events but are becoming part of the event.
When Raja Petra Kamaruddin was faced with a string of arrests, charges and lawsuits over various allegations he made in his "third party" statutory declaration (SD) allegation against Najib via Rosmah, it puts many bloggers, including yours truly in a spot between Freedom of Speech and Information and respecting the Law and Institution of Government.
The SD made was suspect and difficult to fathom. In the light of the ongoing Altantunya murder trial, it was contemptuous of the courts. RPK grew bolder, maybe out of his own conviction, releasing many other statutory declarations like that of the missing Balasundram. It remaisn as stamped heresay and subjected to police investigation.
Many bloggers felt RPK was inviting trouble for himself from his allegedly "seditious" (as per the Sedition Act) writings. True enough, RPK is now not only faced with those legal issues but the extra legal ISA for practically indefinite period.
Is it worthy being detained for an allegation that has yet to be determined as true? Shouldn't bloggers have some level of responsibility, integrity or the least, maintain a safe level of rationale and conviction in their writings?
More so, for those with a name to the blog and command a good following.
Brother Sheih, Please la ... Make a police report and reveal your proofs there. And, respectfully follow the court process accordingly. If tehre is a case, go slug it out in court. No RPK-esque stunt.
If you wish to write, substantiate any serious allegations made. More so, for capital offense like murder where the burden of proof is heavy. Reveal real documents and not just statutory declared heresay. Otherwise, you can go down for making baseless allegation and fabrication.
Writers have to stay around to keep the fire burning. We have to live to fight another day. Remember that you haven't Kickdefella. One shouldn't assume it is an easy and given path ahead.
The last thing you should do is to make your exposure now. It is clearly seen to discredit Najib based on unfounded claims and not about seeking truth, justice and championing RPK's release.
Sincerely, I hope Shieh has no such intention to spoil Najib's critical D Day next week and allow Abdullah safe passage. Not only Abdullah wants to stay around, even Anwar wants him around.
My struggle and fight over the years boils down to next week. The priority is about removing Abdullah from further causing more destruction and chaos to the nation.
However, I am not crazy with the idea of taking RPK out using ISA. It demeans the mainstream thinking and Malay Nationalist belief is seen without the ability and justification to articulate its point of view sensibly and logically.
As Dr Mahathir said in a press conference after his recent book launch in Ramadhan, ideas and opinions does not constitute national security.
I want him release from ISA. But getting RPK out of Kemunting is a tough battle.
One RPK is enough. Not another one ... Shieh
* Edited and updated: 3/10/08 10:42 am
- ► 2019 (128)
- ► 2018 (109)
- ► 2017 (160)
- ► 2016 (184)
- ► 2015 (214)
- ► 2014 (164)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (202)
- ► 2011 (163)
- ► 2010 (187)
- ► 2009 (285)
- Tom Daniel atau Nordin Abdullah? Tiada Menafikan M...
- Mukhriz, Salahuddin, PERKASA kecam MCA; Disebalik ...
- Tajuk Debat untuk Khairy: "Siapa Tom Daniel dan Mi...
- Sejarah Khairy lari dari debat: Dua kali dengan Ad...
- Biar kalah sekali pun Mukhriz, jangan sekali ikut ...
- Menyokong Deklarasi Janda Baik
- Kenapa ada usaha tengkolokkan Najib konon ingin ha...
- 65: 41: 32; KJ lepas di Gua Musang, Adakah Ku Li B...
- Pesan Jen (B) Tun Ismail di Majlis PERKASA, "Bersa...
- A Short Word on Writers, Back to Politics, and Bit...
- Blogger diseru "gencatan senjata"?
- The Nausea of Reading The Edge on Ethos’s Rohana a...
- 63: 34: 26; Khairy Ketinggalan, Pak Lah Naik Isin
- Usaha Kalimullah meng-ular-kan Muhyiddin terbelit ...
- 44:25:15:1; Politik Wahyu Bantu Khairy Peroleh 5 P...
- TERKINI Mukhriz 44:22:14:1; Di mana ada penipuan, ...
- PERKASA Pertahan Kenyataan Majlis Raja-Raja
- Response to Malik Imtiaz's All The King's Men ...
- Khir Toyo kejar KJ; Mukhriz, Razali maju lagi
- CERPEN: Wahyu Buat YB K
- Wind of Change: Scorpians and Columnists
- Mukhriz, Dr Khir Berdialog: Melayu Dicabar dan Ter...
- Kebebasan akhbar disokong tetapi tidak untuk Utusa...
- Tembelang KJ dan Reezal pecah di Gelang Patah; Aka...
- Mukhriz Dapat 38 ... Layak!; Mukhriz perlukan mand...
- Mukhriz 30:15:7; Pemuda UMNO Sabah berani berubah!...
- Mukhriz 25: KJ 13: Dr Khir 7; The fall of Kimanis ...
- Mukhriz 19, KJ 11, Dr Khir 4; "Orang" KJ dan Reeza...
- Mukhriz Dahului 8:4:2; Mula Terungkai ...Muhyiddin...
- Mukhriz Mendahului Khairy, 6:4
- Mukhriz dahului KJ 3-2; Perolehi pencalunan Besut ...
- Mukhriz Trailing 1:2 to KJ; Does Pemuda UMNO Appre...
- Macam-Macam Kenyataan ... Mengelirukan?
- Kimanis: Mukhriz Serikan Khairy 1:1
- Mukhriz Tewas Untuk Pencalunan di Macang
- Is NST discrediting this blog out of someone's spi...
- Respons Segera Kepada Pengumuman Perdana Menteri
- Who could this 70 year old Gopeng Boy-Blogger be?
- Khabarnya Abdullah Tanding dan 2010 Kekal ... Naji...
- Remember Khairy Chronicle? Will Omar Ong Dare To P...
- Apa Nak Pada-Pada?! Dari Yang Lain, Apa Salahnya N...
- Pak Lah Umum Tarik Diri Okt 8hb?
- If Pak Lah is Leaving, Why is a ‘Level Four Boys’ ...
- One RPK is Enough, Not Another One
- ▼ October (44)
- ► 2007 (140)