Saturday, July 13, 2019
Mukhriz, Muhyiddin in Mahathir, Anwar proxy war
The interviews of Dato Mukhriz with Nikkei Asia Review and Dato Husam Musa with Sinar Harian opened a new front for the silent war between Tun Dr Mahathir vs Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim for the coveted position of the Prime Minister of Malaysia.
Dato Seri Azmin's ambition could be considered to have found a conclusive ending.
It could be the ploy of Anwar's camp to take the succession narrative from himself to the choice of the next Deputy Prime Minister.
Mahathir's son ready to inherit Malaysia's political legacy.
Mukhriz took a swing at Anwar thus indicating he is in the running against Anwar.
A former Minister from Pak Lah's day remarked, "It's finally out in the open."
It means this blog is right to say Mukhriz is not competent for the highest position in the country, but was wrong to not believe his father has plan for Mukhriz to be a Dato Najib to Tun Abdul Razak.
The former PMO officers and those close to former PM Najib correctly read Mukhriz as Mahathir's heir apparent.
The PPBM insider that tipped off neither Anwar nor Azmin is Mahathir's choice as successor is now proven right.
Whether it was planned such or a change of plan from the Four Point Hotel, Sandakan, it will only be clear in later days.
In the interview with Sinar Harian yesterday, he said their combination is the best for the power transition as Anwar's Prime Ministership is considered a done deal and the Deputy has to be from another party.
Husam offered PAS to join PH, but it is likely just him building a new political narrative and strategy against PAS. PAS is not likely to accept and comfortable to talk with PAS breakaway leaders.
Nevertheless, Husam's statement could turn the political situation within PPBM into a frenzy and hasten the rivalry against Muhyiddin and Mukhriz.
Though it is heard that there is a middle ground reached for next week's PPBM EGM to decide on the Satu Ahli Satu Undi (SASU) proposal, the intention has sounded alarm to the Muhyiddin camp.
They are aware and wary of intention to threaten his presidency.
Muhyiddin was the intended Deputy Prime Ministership for Anwar (had he succeeded Mahathir as fifth Prime Minister) and Pak Lah. However, it was Najib that took him in as Deputy.
His name could not have cropped up out of the blue but planned. But does Anwar has plan for Muhyiddin to succeed him or merely to cause disruption in PPBM?
Furthermore, Anwar is known within political circle to promise positions to gain support, but ended up not delivering. During the campaign for GE13, he announced Lim Kit Siang to be Deputy Prime Minister.
It is to early to assume the Mahathir vs Anwar rivalry is over and his threat is Najib and Zahid.
One thing is sure, Muhyiddin is now confident his health condition is under control.
- ► 2021 (82)
- ► 2020 (70)
- "Noose" tightening around Guan Eng's neck
- Mahathir's manouver for Najib not to attend corona...
- Anwar's blur and will repeat past mistakes
- FRIDAY REFLECTION: Defending syariah court means p...
- "Surat layang" on Telenor-Axiata merger (Part 2)
- Can drones uplift Azmin's political career?
- Mahathir's moral suicide to defend Azmin
- Anwar has no number, but does Mahathir have?
- SUNDAY MUSING: Facial recognition, Sophia and Dron...
- AG gave wrong opinion to save Guan Eng for "rompak...
- Nazri-Najib spat: Freedom of speech and Freedom in...
- Felda land amalamation is suspiciously a mega land...
- Mukhriz, Muhyiddin in Mahathir, Anwar proxy war
- Rezeki oleh Hamka
- Happy Birthday Tun, but spare her soul
- Move to remove Muhyiddin from PPBM
- Can Mahathir possibly have 126 MPs with Felda sett...
- Anwar ready to meet Agong with enough MP support
- Lowering voting age, MP asset declaration, and IPCMC
- Tun Dr Mahathir met "Tun" Lim Kit Siang for 45 min...
- "Surat layang" on Telenor-Axiata merger
- Politically speaking: The return of Zahid and Mat ...
- ▼ July (22)
- ► 2018 (109)
- ► 2017 (160)
- ► 2016 (184)
- ► 2015 (214)
- ► 2014 (164)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (202)
- ► 2011 (163)
- ► 2010 (187)
- ► 2009 (285)
- ► 2008 (343)
- ► 2007 (140)