Saturday, March 04, 2006

Old Man


Old man look at my life,
I'm a lot like you were.
Old man look at my life,
I'm a lot like you were.

Old man look at my life,
Twenty four
and there's so much more
Live alone in a paradise
That makes me think of two.

Love lost, such a cost,
Give me things
that don't get lost.
Like a coin that won't get tossed
Rolling home to you.

Old man take a look at my life
I'm a lot like you
I need someone to love me
the whole day through
Ah, one look in my eyes
and you can tell that's true.

Lullabies, look in your eyes,
Run around the same old town.
Doesn't mean that much to me
To mean that much to you.

I've been first and last
Look at how the time goes past.
But I'm all alone at last.
Rolling home to you.

Old man take a look at my life
I'm a lot like you
I need someone to love me
the whole day through
Ah, one look in my eyes
and you can tell that's true.

Old man look at my life,
I'm a lot like you were.
Old man look at my life,
I'm a lot like you were.

-- Neil Young, Harvest (1972)


After having done some share of time travel, you begin to see how things move in circle.

In the normal natural process, we are instituting discipline on our kids and they at times despise it like we used to despice it.

The historical rise and fall of civilisation fitting a set pattern. The boom and bust of economy fit the sequences of pre-event and post-events.

While there are that resemblance between the past and present, its the differences that determine the progress and regress in the framework of time.

I can't help myself posting the image of the first Prime Minister and the most recent ex-Prime Minister together. Much have been said and analysed the relationship between them and lets not try to repeat.

In the picture, perhaps one is saying to thte other ... I'm a lot like you were ... :-)

A Voice
Kuala Lumpur
March 4th, 2006, 11:05 a.m.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quotes Of The World Cup Part One

Posted 14/06/06 13:27Email Print Save




The verbal offerings from the first round of group games...



* "Maybe if it rains England can win the World Cup" - Roque Santa Cruz. And maybe if it rains pigs, Paraguay can.



* "Before the Paraguay game we'll all shake hands. At Madrid we all kiss each other before we go out. Against Jamaica, Aaron Lennon was waiting to replace me and as I approached I reached forward to kiss him, but then thought 'no, better not'" - David Beckham made the right decision; Leeds lads don't have much truck with that sort of thing.



* "It doesn't affect us but it was sad to hear the booing on Saturday because Owen is such an honest player, an honest lad and a young lad. I think there were a number of players who were turning around after what happened and were disgusted by it because at the end of the day he is playing for his country, doing what he can for the cause. Let's remember, Owen is playing for one of the best teams in Europe, has won European Cups and league titles, has loads of medals and is a very good player" - David Beckham again. Hang your heads.



* "We have a back four of players from Gillingham, Wrexham, New England Revolution and San Juan Jaboleth - heard of them?" - Trinidad and Tobago coach Leo Beenhakker. It makes the 0-0 scoreline sound impressive, until you remember that Sweden's chief defender comes from Aston Villa.


* "We were the much better side" - Sweden coach Lars Lagerback. Well, yes, but you were playing Trinidad & Tobago.



* "I had six weeks at United working on this, improving my defensive attributes" - The question is, Dwight Yorke, why didn't you improve them when you were at United for four years?



* "I watched the match and it is nice to see that Tomas is in great shape at the beginning of such a tournament. But looking ahead, I would love him to scale back a little bit now and relax before playing really well for us" - Jens Lehmann. Is he funny, or is he a bit of a tit? We can't tell.



* "We have been there and done it. They haven't" - Jens 'Never Played In A World Cup Final' Lehmann. He's a tit, isn't he?



* "I'm surprised at Tony Blair saying he was going to fly the St George's flag - I thought he would have been supporting America" - George Galloway has a pop at his good friend Tony Blair.



* "I am baffled with the coach's decision to keep me on the bench but I can't discuss that. If we had attacked them from the start, we could have scored. I don't see any logic starting an opener at the World Cup with such a closed formation. We also might have lost by several goals, but at least it wouldn't be in such a cowardly fashion" - Ognjen Koroman gives us all an insight into the World Cup's happiest side, Serbia and Montenegro.



* "I did not have any luck" - Why Cristiano Ronaldo is rubbish, as explained by Cristiano Ronaldo.



* "England have great players but they don't win tournaments and you have to ask yourself why. It's like Real Madrid. You can have all of the stars in the world but if you cannot play as a team then the stars do not matter" - Trinidad & Tobago's Leo Beenhakker, who doesn't seem to realise that England might have great players now, but it's not that long since Carlton Palmer was in the side.



* "It's important, first and foremost, to stop talking about him. Much has been made of his injury and we all hope he's going to be fit - I'm sure he is" - Peter Crouch, who first and foremost stops talking about Wayne Rooney. Then talks about him.



* "He needs to take his team-mates into account. Sometimes he makes choices that are good for him, but not the team. We need to realise we are in this together. We had several chances against Serbia, but against the really big countries, you maybe get one chance. In that situation, you have to make the right choice. He can't do it on his own" - Robin van Persie on Arjen Robben. You won't believe this, but the Dutch might not all be getting along at a major tournament.



* "In the last two matches England played they scored six times against Jamaica and once against Paraguay and five of those goals were from dead balls. It's part of the game but it means they are struggling at beating opponents at playing football and creating chances" - Leo Beenhakker explains why his Trinidad & Tobago team will beat England.



* "We would be hugely disappointed if we didn't win" - But David Beckham isn't worried.



* "Ronaldo has not been playing for the last two months and has had only two friendlies so it was natural he felt a bit heavy as it was very hot" - Carlos Alberto Parreira. It was natural he felt a bit heavy because he's a bit heavy, more like.



* "And Wayne Rooney is a candidate for player of the tournament" - Brazil's Emerson. It sounds like he was being sarcastic, but he wasn't.



* "The English midfield is amazing, so strong, one of the best. England are one of the favourites. Having played against almost all of the English players I am aware they have a brilliant side individually" - Kaka. He hasn't played against Jermaine Jenas...

My Say