Sunday, January 18, 2015
The passing of an old friend
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years.
No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.
He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:
- Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
- Why the early bird gets the worm;
- Life isn't always fair;
- And maybe it was my fault.
Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).
His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.
Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.
It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.
Common Sense lost the will to live as the places of worships became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.
Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.
Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.
Common Sense was preceded in death,
-by his parents, Truth and Trust,
-by his wife, Discretion,
-by his daughter, Responsibility,
-and by his son, Reason.
He is survived by his 5 stepbrothers;
- I Know My Rights
- I Want It Now
- Someone Else Is To Blame
- I'm A Victim
- Pay me for Doing Nothing
Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing...
(Message from a Tun in our Whats App)
* Not a bad idea to revive Common Sense of those around us or the least our reader ...
Something to ponder.for next week.
- ► 2020 (70)
- ► 2019 (205)
- ► 2018 (109)
- ► 2017 (160)
- ► 2016 (184)
- Economic sabotaguers rising up to the occasion
- On rotan and Datum, everyone missed the plotsss...
- Hishamuddin disagree with submarine purchase
- Was the attack on Tun Daim for real?
- China 1 + 1 + 1 equals?
- 3 ways to help country facing market downturn from...
- Feint left, but move right
- The passing of an old friend
- Military man do not disobey order
- In the midst of crisis, there's always instigators
- Je ne suis pas Charlie
- Condemn, YES but NOT Charlie!
- Can Halim Shafie tighten MCMC's enforcement role?
- Unethical Malaysian businessmen
- Mee goreng mamak for late lunch
- It's a start for 1MDB's new "Mamak" CEO
- Main redah saja Mamak ni ...
- Lack of protocol or no manners?
- Shabery's new MCMC appointee under investigation b...
- ▼ January (19)
- ► 2014 (164)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (202)
- ► 2011 (163)
- ► 2010 (187)
- ► 2009 (285)
- ► 2008 (343)
- ► 2007 (140)