Prime Minister Dato Seri Mohd Najib Tun Abdul Razak gave a statement today. The Star SMS alert reads below:
2/5: Najib: Talks to resolve sea and land boundary issues between Malaysia and Brunei will result in a win-win solution for both countries/STARThat is consistent with what the Exchange of Letter between Tun Abdullah Badawi and the Sultan of Brunei with regard to settling the boundary issue. Pak Lah’s Kalimullah crafted press statement on Friday said that a survey will be undertaken to resolve the outstanding border issues between Malaysia and Brunei.
There is no issue with that statement. But why did Pak Lah and supposedly as he claimed, the Cabinet agreed to give away Block L and M - with oil reserves said to be worth at least US$100 billion - before the survey was completed then?
Although there is a counter claim, Dr Mahathir said in his blog that tract of the sea is historically within the Malaysian borders and that is the reason and basis for Petronas to enter into a production sharing agreement with Murphy Oil. If Petronas is stupid because the opposition thinks it is run by Melayu and Melayu are stupid, let's assume Mat Salleh Murphy Oil is not.
On what basis, did Abdullah decided to give. Who advised him?
Who did the negotiation with Brunei? Why Abdullah himself conducted the negotiation? Who in Wisma Putra advised Abdullah?
On issues of boundary and sovereignty effecting Sarawak and our oil interest, was Petronas and Sarawak brought in as part of the negotiation team?
This issue was hushed-hushed by Pak Lah then. Why was this not brought to Parliament? Was this issue of sovereignty presented to the Sovereign, namely the Yang Dipertuan Agung and the Royal Durbar?
Pak Lah has committed a serious offense that is tantamount to treason to the DYMM Yang Dipertuan Agung Government. Treason is punishable by death.
The questions will not end there.
Thus, Perkasa President, Dato Ibrahim Ali demand that Royal Commission be formed or a White Paper prepared to answer for this scandalous giving away of Malaysian territory, particularly this one rich with oil.
Perkasa demands royal panel on Limbang, oil blocks disputeThat demand has to be taken up seriously by Government in clarifying all these questions. Najib must not attempt any cover up fopr Pak Lah.
KUALA LUMPUR, May 2 — Perkasa wants the Najib administration to set up a royal commission to investigate the current dispute over offshore oil blocks, which were allegedly given to Brunei in exchange for Limbang in Sarawak.
Perkasa president Datuk Ibrahim Ali said a lot of questions still remain “in the dark” and unanswered, despite clarifications by former Prime Minister Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi and national oil company Petronas in the past two days.
“Perkasa wants Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak, the government, to set a royal commission or at least a white paper on the issue on oil blocks L and M, situated at the borders of Malaysia-Brunei,” the Pasir Mas MP said when opening a Perkasa workshop on the New Economic Model (NEM) here.
The controversy arose after Murphy Sabah Oil Ltd, which had entered a production-sharing contract with national oil company Petronas, for Block L and Block M offshore of Limbang, announced last week that it was ceasing operations because “it was no longer part of Malaysia.”
“I am not being prejudice to either Dr Mahathir or Tun Abdullah Badawi, but there are a lot of things hanging. This needs to be explained, the oil blocks are worth billions,” said the Perkasa chief.
Ibrahim pointed out that Malaysia or Brunei had not yet confirmed or stated anything on the supposed ownership of Limbang.
“Brunei, Malaysia has not confirmed anything. Limbang belongs to who? How was the deal made? I know whatever discussed by Cabinet is secret, but they should at least provide a rough paper of the meeting on this supposed exchange,” Ibrahim quipped.
In a statement yesterday, Petronas confirmed that the oil blocks were no longer part of Malaysia, but said that it will develop the oil blocks with Brunei on a “commercial basis”.
Petronas also stated that it has set up a team to negotiate the terms of the agreement with Brunei.
“Petronas confirms that following the Exchange of Letters on 16 March 2009, the production sharing contracts covering Blocks L and M, which were awarded in 2003 to Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd and Murphy Sabah Oil Co. Ltd., were formally terminated on 7 April 2010 as these blocks are no longer a part of Malaysia. Blocks L and M were re-designated as Blocks CA1 and CA2 respectively.
“Petronas would like to clarify that following the Exchange of Letters, Petronas was invited by Brunei to enter into an agreement to develop Blocks CA1 and CA2 on a commercial arrangement basis.
“Petronas has set up a team that has begun negotiations with Brunei to work out the terms for this commercial arrangement. Both parties are committed to arriving at a mutually beneficial arrangement as soon as possible,” said the unsigned statement issued by the Corporate Communications Department.
Ibrahim said the onus was on Najib to answer, as he was also part of the Cabinet team during Abdullah’s tenure as PM.
“PM has the responsibility to answer. People want to know the details. I have personally received 186 smses.
“Petronas says it has been invited (for commercial talks.) That is a different matter. In what capacity will Petronas be there for? Who owns the oil blocks? The country wants answers,” said Ibrahim.
The independent MP said that a royal commission would be able to clear the air on both Dr Mahathir’s allegations as well as Abdullah’s decision made concerning the oil blocks.
“Dr Mahathir will never open his mouth without proper research. He is at least 51 per cent correct.
“If the government doesn’t do anything, Dr Mahathir should set up a royal commission himself to find out the details,” added Ibrahim.
Abdullah released a separate statement on Friday that the areas known as Block L and Block M would be jointly developed by the two countries for a period of 40 years.
“The financial and operational modalities for giving effect to this arrangement will be further discussed by the two sides. This means that in so far as the oil and gas resources are concerned, the agreement is not a loss for Malaysia,” said Abdullah.
Source: The Malaysian Insiders
The people has had enough with the previous Prime Minister's repeated infringment on our sovereignty and giving away our borders.
During his time, the Government did not heed critics from Johorean at the Iskandar, Malaysia project deemed as giving away Malaysian territory to foreigners, especially Singaporean.
Since his second year in office, Abdullah had allowed strategic Malaysian assets sold to Singaporean. His son-in-law and current Ketua Pemuda, Khairy Jamaluddin had been instrumental in the sales.
The people's disgust reached it's pinnacle when Pulau Batu Putih, which is closer to our shoreline in Pontian, was lost to Singapore.
This blogger was told by a source with link in the former Wisma Putra Minister office that Pak Lah pulled the brake on the Wisma Putra preparation and the Malaysian legal team reached The Hague strangely without some important historical documents.
Unless a transparent and assuring action to investigate independently the matter, the displeased Sarawakian will not tone down. Barisan Nasional will face the Sibu Sarawak by-election with a sword of Damocles hanging on their head.
Another question pondering this blogger's mind now is what else did Pak Lah did in a hush hush manner that jeorpardize the nation's interest and territory?
And imagine that this is the man Zaid Ibrahim complimented in his losing statement at Hulu Selangor. Has Zaid turned idiot?
He was an idiot when he accepted to be Pak Lah's Law Minister and became a stooge of Khairy's game against Dr Mahathir.