With much attention on the UMNO Disciplinary Committee meeting and press conference at PWTC this afternoon, words of old Mahathir strong man, Tan Sri Sanusi Janudi to be brought into Najib's cabinet missed the rumour mill at The Mall and PWTC.
Sanusi Junid is believed to be slotted for a national security advisory role with a Ministerial status by Najib.
If the appointment of three advisers to the new Perak Menteri Besar is a new administrative practise, Najib may be appointing several former Ministers from Dr Mahathir's former cabinet member in various advisory roles.
Sanusi, who was dismissed by Abdullah Badawi last year from the post of President of International Islamic University of Malaysia, maybe given senior ministerial status to advise specifically on domestic security and civil defence.
Given the availability of more Senatorial vacancies following Zaid Ibrahim's resignation and takeover of Perak by Barisan Nasional, he maybe filling up one of the slots.
Sanusi is most associated with the Agriculture Ministry and later as Kedah Menteri Besar under Dr Mahathir's administration. However, he spent considerable years in the Home Ministry as Deputy Minister under the infamous King Ghaz or Tun Ghazali Shafie and was tasked with several key security issues.
Known for his decisiveness, and out-of-the-box creativity in solving problems, Sanusi could be the much needed person to handle the rising theatrics that lead to public unrest orchestrated by his former MCKK protege and ABIM associate, Anwar Ibrahim.
In addition, the home ministry has been getting much flack from the public for its poor handling of the ISA arrest last year.
If there is anyone with the firm hand and negotiating skill needed by Najib to handle the rising domestic insecurity from excessive politicking from the opposition, it would be Sanusi. His reknown language skill in Tamil could help placate the problem with Hindraf.
What will be left of Dato Syed Hamid, the current Home Minister?
Interesting enough, Syed Hamid replaced Sanusi upon his resignation from the Chairmanship of Youth organisation, MAYC some few years ago. With his support, he helped twart off challenge by Zahid Hamidi.
Since then, MAYC has been on the downhill in its organisation. There has been much complain from the Sanusi quarters and veteran activist in MAYC of alleged impropriety in the sales of certain MAYC properties.
Given the situation, Syed Hamid is unlikely to remain as Home Minister upon Sanusi's appointment.
Syed Hamid is running for UMNO Vice President but his campaign is facing a major setback recently following the sudden resignation of his Political Secretary, Dr Abdul Razak Omar over disbursement of campaign expenses.
His chances is slim in view of the stronger contenders of Hishamuddin, Zahid Hamidi, Shafie Apdal, Rais Yatim and Isa Samad.
Syed Hamid is on politically shaky position at his Kota Tinggi UMNO Division and follwing the loss of Pulau Batu Putih to Singapore for which he is blamed, and alleged involvement in the contract and license to supply sand to Singapore in the controversial scenic Johor braidge cancellation.
Najib could be doing a major purge to kill several birds with one stone by placing Sanusi as Ministerial status adviser. Off course, any announcement and confirmation on Sanusi's appointment will have to await Najib's swearing-in, which is expected on April 3rd.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
- ► 2017 (155)
- ► 2016 (184)
- ► 2015 (214)
- ► 2014 (164)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (202)
- ► 2011 (163)
- ► 2010 (187)
- Khairy akan digugur?
- Dua hari berturut-turut Khairy perasuah kena boo
- Penyokong Khairy mengaku rasuah, maka bermulalah c...
- 2 + 1 untuk Naib Presiden
- Perwakilan perlu jawab: Wang? Atau Bangsa?
- Pak Lah selamatkan dan tegur Khairy
- Mahu selamatkan UMNO atau terus leka dengan rasuah...
- Khairy desperado guna taktik Azeez Mamak
- 2 April atau 4 bulan lagi?
- Limbang: One flop for the road?
- Kenapa Khairy bercakap macam katun? Salah itu sala...
- Hush hush ... Sanusi for National Security Adviser...
- Musical Interlude: Riders on the Storm
- Perhimpunan Perkasa Ahad depan mengingatkan kepada...
- Najib mungkin tidak jadi Perdana Menteri, kata Dr ...
- Perubahan Rancangan Peralihan Kuasa: Mana satu kon...
- In Ong Tee Keat, a new Pak Lah is found
- Kalau tak dipolitikkan, kenapa umum GMP dibawa ke ...
- Pendedahan mengenai GMP, Dr Hasan berbohong
- Greedy bastard Air Asia refuse to pay landing and ...
- Syabas, pejuang bahasa jadi lembu politik wayang A...
- Mendedah pendedahan akhbar Liberation
- Political Hypocrisy in the Opposition against PPSM...
- Mukhriz record proves he is no lembik to express d...
- Mazlan Harun: We are not here to stop Najib
- Some strange development going on in UMNO, who do ...
- Bukit Gantang minta Khairy tidak datang berkempen
- ▼ March (27)
- ► 2008 (343)
- ► 2007 (140)