Aman Malaysia Proposes 'Ceasefire' In By-Election
MARANG, Jan 10 (Bernama) -- Aman Malaysia has called for a "ceasefire" in the Kuala Terengganu parliamentary by-election on Thursday to raise awareness on Israeli atrocities in Gaza.
Its coordinator, Datuk Mukhriz Mahathir said the political parties involved should bury their hatchet and join forces in a campaign to condemn the Israeli invasion of Gaza.
"Let us stop campaigning for 24 hours to show our deep sympathy to the besieged Palestinians. Maybe we should hold hajat and tahlil prayers on Thursday night.
"I hope my idea will be well received by all," he told reporters after launching a fund for the Palestinians at the Emping Square, Kampung Undang, Bukit Payung here today.
Mukhriz called on the United Nations to set up a war tribunal to try Israeli leaders for war crimes like the one which had indicted Yugoslavian leaders for ethnic cleansing in the Balkan War.
Aman Malaysia is ready to send 10 doctors to Gaza, he said, adding that, the Rafah border should be opened for humanitarian aid to pass through to reach the Palestinians.
He lashed out at certain quarters for ridiculing a proposal from the people to boycott the American and Israeli products.
"We hope the United Nations will have the political will to force Israel to halt the Gaza offensive and to the United States from exercising its veto power," he said.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
- ► 2020 (70)
- ► 2019 (205)
- ► 2018 (109)
- ► 2017 (160)
- ► 2016 (184)
- ► 2015 (214)
- ► 2014 (164)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (202)
- ► 2011 (163)
- ► 2010 (187)
- UMNO's Denial Syndrome of Bota Assemblymen's Frogleap
- There's a 'Baby Boom' change and UMNO have yet to ...
- Hari ini Gerhana Matahari, Minggu depan Gerhana Po...
- For more than 5 years, Abdullah abandon the two Ma...
- Ku Li started blogging, and questioned Valuecap an...
- Abdullah berpakat dengan Pembangkang untuk kekal?
- Kekalahan KT: Ku Li tegur UMNO yang "balik-balik l...
- Sebab kekalahan di KT: Calun, calun, dan calun
- The ghost of Scomi past coming to haunt Abdullah
- Ku Li repeat call on leadership to face up to glob...
- Is Lame Duck concerned over Muhyiddin's delay of U...
- Palestinian Awareness Day and Launching "Save the ...
- LCCT: Is OTK trying to tell something?
- Potpouri on Corporate PR and Plan of Sime Darby; I...
- Jangan pandang ringan boikot barangan AS: Mukhriz
- Beli produk AS, Yahudi umpama sumbang dana Israel
- After the herding, the final kill; No more coward ...
- Mukhriz call for political ceasefire and unite for...
- Dr M at Boycott US Product Rally at National Mosque
- Behind Israeli Attrocity on Gaza
- Serang Balik Israel, Boikot Produk Amerika-Zionist!
- Labu LCCT: Another Magic Pumpkin?
- IJN: Till The Fat Lady Sing ...
- IJN Probe (Part 3)
- Newsbreak: MOF oppose, EPU insist with IJN privati...
- IJN Probe Interruption: EPU meet IJN and Sime Darb...
- Denial and Clarification from Dr Mohamed Ezani Md ...
- IJN Probe (Part 2)
- IJN Probe (Part 1)
- 1 Pagi 1 Januari ... Tuanku Mukhriz, Tahun Baru da...
- ▼ January (30)
- ► 2008 (343)
- ► 2007 (140)