Monday, January 05, 2009
Newsbreak: MOF oppose, EPU insist with IJN privatisation to SD
The EPU meeting with IJN proceed as scheduled. Sime Darby was not present.
In the meeting, Director General of EPU, Datuk Dr Sulaiman Mahbob informed the meeting that Government insist IJN to be privatised to Sime Darby. Dr Sulaiman is the former Director of Institut Integriti Malaysia , Malaysia Institute of Economic Research (MIER), and Secretariat of National Economic Action Council (NEAC).
The initial information received from EPU source revealed the rationale was to improve doctors pay package and increase financial capacity for expansion. It is similar to Sime Darby's expressed justification for their proposed takeover of IJN.
The IJN side dispute the rationale of EPU with the doctors' near 'unanimous' press statement on December 19th, 2008 and IJN's financial reserve of RM400 million. They argued that IJN could raise more fund to finance expansion by leveraging on its reserve.
Sources said the representative from Ministry of Finance present strongly opposed to the privatisation and insisted IJN should remain a non-profit organisation. They explicitly expressed the Minister of Finance is opposed to the Sime Darby proposal.
Dr Sulaiman response was the Government insist the privatisation of IJN must go on, despite the public is overwhelmingly against the privatisation.
The same source believed the privatisation will proceed after the Kuala Terengganu by-election.
Why is EPU resonating Sime Darby's rationale? Does that explains Sime Darby's absence? EPU is speaking for them. EPU falls under the Prime Minister's Department. Is PM "taking instruction" from Sime Darby Chairman, Tun Musa Hitam? And, why the hurry?
Read back this blog's yesterday's posting here. Apanama reported Government approve Labu LCCT plan here.
- ► 2022 (88)
- ► 2021 (97)
- ► 2020 (70)
- ► 2019 (205)
- ► 2018 (109)
- ► 2017 (160)
- ► 2016 (184)
- ► 2015 (214)
- ► 2014 (164)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (202)
- ► 2011 (163)
- ► 2010 (187)
- UMNO's Denial Syndrome of Bota Assemblymen's Frogleap
- There's a 'Baby Boom' change and UMNO have yet to ...
- Hari ini Gerhana Matahari, Minggu depan Gerhana Po...
- For more than 5 years, Abdullah abandon the two Ma...
- Ku Li started blogging, and questioned Valuecap an...
- Abdullah berpakat dengan Pembangkang untuk kekal?
- Kekalahan KT: Ku Li tegur UMNO yang "balik-balik l...
- Sebab kekalahan di KT: Calun, calun, dan calun
- The ghost of Scomi past coming to haunt Abdullah
- Ku Li repeat call on leadership to face up to glob...
- Is Lame Duck concerned over Muhyiddin's delay of U...
- Palestinian Awareness Day and Launching "Save the ...
- LCCT: Is OTK trying to tell something?
- Potpouri on Corporate PR and Plan of Sime Darby; I...
- Jangan pandang ringan boikot barangan AS: Mukhriz
- Beli produk AS, Yahudi umpama sumbang dana Israel
- After the herding, the final kill; No more coward ...
- Mukhriz call for political ceasefire and unite for...
- Dr M at Boycott US Product Rally at National Mosque
- Behind Israeli Attrocity on Gaza
- Serang Balik Israel, Boikot Produk Amerika-Zionist!
- Labu LCCT: Another Magic Pumpkin?
- IJN: Till The Fat Lady Sing ...
- IJN Probe (Part 3)
- Newsbreak: MOF oppose, EPU insist with IJN privati...
- IJN Probe Interruption: EPU meet IJN and Sime Darb...
- Denial and Clarification from Dr Mohamed Ezani Md ...
- IJN Probe (Part 2)
- IJN Probe (Part 1)
- 1 Pagi 1 Januari ... Tuanku Mukhriz, Tahun Baru da...
- ▼ January (30)
- ► 2008 (343)
- ► 2007 (140)