Sunday, June 08, 2008
Oil Hike: Pictoral Prequel to a Perspective
The Sunday papers are highlighting the new market high to help soften the public's anger. It is complimented with explanation by officials, and cooperative economist, businessmen and politicians.
The argument presented by Dato Shahrir Abd Samad, Domestic Trade and Consumer Affair Minister, to increase prices of rice, cooking oil, petrol and various controlled goods was to ensure supply.
Is it about subsidies, affordability, and supply & demand mechanism? What is at play? Ponder through these pictoral headlines for a bigger socio-political picture.
We Got No Choice?
The country can't afford or do not want to give subsidies totally?
Not that, the Government will adjust price monthly. However, it is not so bad. We will get annual rebate and POS Malaysia will efficiently reimburse it.
Experiance tells that prices are elastic upward but not downward.
Where Petronas used to make RM15-20 billion a year, they are making RM70-80 billion a year. How are them to convince us they will go bust?
With so much money, Petronas can't afford to do exploration? How about your reserve?
Is Petronas heading in the direction of a GLC corporation with no social objective?
Why the Panic?
He sucks as an Airliner or his hands are tied, but he knows oil.
Not only that, we do not have food supply problem as bullshit by Shahrir.
What is the Real Agenda?
If there is no issue of supply, then why?
Thus far, we are being fed views from the narrow perspective of commercial logic, administrative convenience, and simplistic economics.
Revamping is a big word indeed.
Efficient, a word that rings of something.
It is more than the issue of leakage in subsidy to foreigners, corporations, and IPPs, while taxpayers have to suffer.
There is a bigger agenda ...
- ► 2020 (70)
- ► 2019 (205)
- ► 2018 (109)
- ► 2017 (160)
- ► 2016 (184)
- ► 2015 (214)
- ► 2014 (164)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (202)
- ► 2011 (163)
- ► 2010 (187)
- ► 2009 (285)
- Is this Anwar's face saving or final assault?
- Why is Anwar looking "takut kerana salah"?
- Zaid Ibrahim Chicken Out!
- Will Zaid Dare call a Royal Commission or Tribunal...
- Adakah Najib Memberi Isyarat?
- Tembelang Khalid Bocor
- Pak Lah Dikritik Akar Umbi UMNO Johor
- Kepimpinan Khalid Dipersoalkan Penggiat PKR
- BSA Tahir Freed?
- Cadangan Hub Petroleum Oleh Ku Li Di Parlimen Pada...
- A Trader's Hunch on the Recent Petrol Oil Hike
- The Greatest Fool
- Bolehkah Dinafi Pertalian Khairy dan Ezam?
- Kedurjanaan Ezam Di Dalam dan Di Luar UMNO
- Menjelang 100 Hari Khalid Sudah Amal Kronisme
- Matthias Blast Justice Chin, Exposed Unethical Jud...
- Hubungan Khalid Dengan Lim Kim Hong Sah!
- Khalid Ibrahim Menjawab Blog Ini
- "Perjanjian Pangkor II": Haru Biru Melayu di Perak
- Bekas Murid UIA Dalang Pemecatan Sanusi Junid
- Weblog Media Saka Bangsa: Kesediaan Pemuda UMNO Me...
- Bingkisan SMS: Pak Lah Politik Wang?
- Hubungan Rahsia Khalid Ibrahim dan Lim Kim Hong
- Oil Hike: Pictoral Prequel to a Perspective
- Hisham tak tarik 'handbrake'
- Ringankan beban rakyat? Pak Lah hanya cakap saja ...
- Speak Up or Forever Hold Your Peace, Tun Salleh
- Sticky: Debat UMNO-PKR; Dialog Mukhriz
- Oil Hike Reactions
- Sanusi Enggan Undur
- Majlis Tertinggi UMNO Retreat
- Oil Price Hike: It’s Not The Best of Effort, Pak Lah
- Shahrir the Market Alarmist
- Adakah Mengurangkan Biasiswa Bumiputera Mendapat P...
- Dr Mahathir Terus Bersuara
- ▼ June (35)
- ► 2007 (140)