Sunday, July 05, 2015
Officially an OAP
Was too tired with two meetings in the afternoon today in KL and Putrajaya that we fell asleep at mother-in-law's home after breaking fast.
By 11 PM, woke up to return home and end up meeting someone for coffee to confer. And, that was where we got this surprise cake at 12:10 AM July 5th Malaysian time. Co-incidently, it is still July 4th Independence Day USA.
So it's "official". We have now joined our earlier retired peers to be an OAP.
In actual fact, it is not quite official yet because there was a screw-up by the police when late old man registered our birth at the police station. It gives an additional leeway of 4 extra "working" days before entering the official category of an Old Age Pensioner (OAP).
Come to think of it, the official retirement age from employment have become unclear in recent years. In the past 55 was government official retirement age. Now it has risen to 60. With job security and lifelong employment considered a luxury these days, some lose their job at as early as in their 30s and 40s.
Anyway, what do we feel at 55?
Great, no different than 25, except less vigour physically but no less mentally and intellectually. Thus far, life have been relatively quite fulfilling and exciting. Good family, friends and comrades.
Syukur to Allah that we could reach such mature age. Many close family and friends never reached 55.
These days our wants has not been for much. At one time, the big want was to get a doctoral degree but have long been shelved. Can sustain long hours of reading, and studying.
If there is anything we wish, it would be the modest wish for continued good health, sanity of mind, and great company of family and friends.
Our first order of business as an OAP will be to sort out our EPF. Sorry that there will be less money for PFI financing and development of RRIM land but somebody else's saving could be used for that.
So, expect a cautious market Monday on expectation of a major stock liquidation by EPF. Mind you, a lot of shares need to get sold to pay our contribution .... a lot, you know ... a lot ... a lot as in ONE LOT!
- ► 2017 (155)
- ► 2016 (184)
- Nasi Lemak & Kopi O comment on new cabinet
- Tun M-Najib's Peloponnesian War
- Hari Raya buzz
- Shabery escaped #sj's steamy as "nasi kangkang" ov...
- As Najib camp go #KekalNajib, DAP move in on Putra...
- Money, Mercedes and Behind Janis Joplin's Merc
- MUSICAL INTERLUDE: The Magician's Birthday
- After 30 years, the Saga continues
- Ramadhan with Grandfather
- God has not spoken but authority has [up-dated]
- LRT extention project need a PDP
- Suing is not as easy as buying murtabak
- Officially an OAP
- Will Arab Malaysian be making a denial?
- PM's patience meeting it's limit?
- SR's sensational but humourous attempt for diversi...
- Un-Fitched ... Arul kept jabbing Tony P's missing ...
- Tantrum Tony Pua getting caught too often ...huh?
- ▼ July (18)
- ► 2014 (164)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (202)
- ► 2011 (163)
- ► 2010 (187)
- ► 2009 (285)
- ► 2008 (343)
- ► 2007 (140)